Hey everyone! One of the problems that comes with polishing your nails with red and other dark colors is the color it leaves your nail when taken off. I try to avoid this problem by using a clear base coat before applying the color, however, sometimes I’m not able to do so. So here are a few ways I am able to get my nails back to that clean, white color after using certain polishes. Try one of these the next time your nails need a little brightening.
1. Gently buff the nail- wash your hands- scrub your nails with a nail brush (If the color is still not to your liking, use a little whitening toothpaste)
2. Soak your nails in lemon juice
3. Make a paste of three tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide- apply the paste to the tops of your nails and underneath the tips- leave on for 3 minutes, then rinse off
4. Soak in denture cleaner for 4 minutes
5. Use a whitening pencil (found at most drugstores) underneath the tip of your nails
Hope these options help!